Thursday, July 3, 2014

~Book Review: Amity by Micol Ostow~


For fans of Stephen King and American Horror Story, a gruesome thriller suggested by the events of the Amityville Horror.

Inspired by a true-crime story of supernatural happenings and gory murders, Amity spans two generations and beyond to weave an overlapping, interconnected tale of terror, insanity, danger, and death.


~MY THOUGHTS~

I could not wait to read this book because of the title Amity.  I know that everyone has heard the Amityville Horror story that took place on Long Island.  I have even watched both movies (the remake was terrible). I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy.  Did I like it, Yes!



It starts out with two different stories set ten years apart.  Ten years ago Conner and his family moved to Amity.  Things start happening to make him think there may be more to the house.  Present day we have Gwen and her family move into the cheap, long vacant house.  

The book moves back and forth between these two families who never met but share one thing in common; they both share similar events that happen in Amity.

This book was really creepy.  In fact, I got scarred a couple of times when reading it.  The storyline is comparable to the real Amityville Horror except for the location.  The description of the house, the boathouse and the river are chilling.  You follow two families down a road of madness and you know the outcome will not be good.  

I have been on a horror kick lately.  If, you like scary books that will keep you up at night, then this book is for you.  I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good scare.  I received an advanced copy of this book from Edelweiss for a fair and honest review and in no way did this influence my review.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment